Thursday, May 9, 2013

2 Brothers & a BIRD DOWN...

I am really big on writing down things I am praying for and recording and remembering how God answered those prayers.  It may be years later when that specific prayer gets answered but I love rejoicing in God's provision and His sovereignty over it all. 

Psalm 77
And I said, “This is my anguish;But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.”
11 I will remember the works of the Lord;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
12 I will also meditate on all Your work,
And talk of Your deeds.13 Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary;
Who is so great a God as our God?
14 You are the God who does wonders;
You have declared Your strength among the peoples.
15 You have with Your arm redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah

Psalm 77 encouraged me years ago to be intentional about "remembering the works of the Lord" and meditating on all He has done.  There is no doubt that Father does not promise this life to be easy and free of hardships.  But even in those valleys, in those trials and tribulations, we can count it all JOY and meditate on who Father is and what He has done :)

When I look at my brother's relationship with my husband - that in and of itself is an answered prayer.  My brother was never very 'friendly' to anyone I ever dated.  In fact, he didn't really give any of them the time of day.  I know in his 'big brother' heart - he wanted the best for his sister.  Even when he first met Rance, he threatened him with a gun (not kidding) because Rance mentioned marrying me within the first 2 times of meeting him.  That was unacceptable to him.  Once my brother began seeing who Rance really was - he fell in love (hehe!).  These two share a bond and a love for one another that is more than I ever prayed for. 

Just recently they have began a discipleship study and accountability with one another and to say my heart is overflowing is an understatement.  The last weekend I was in Trinidad, my brother had ventured to the mountains to bond with Rance solo and to begin this discipleship study!  Outside of studying God's Word, they did do a little turkey hunting and Father blessed my brother with killing a turkey.

Please enjoy the photos...











Thank you Father for the bond that these two share!

No comments:

Post a Comment